Wednesday, December 29, 2010
So, whilst placid in my bed, I thought on my goals for this next year. Of course, there are the obvious ones within my control - write novel, revise novel, submit novel, repeat. Then there are those in the hands of someone else & being a control freak are hard to let over - write query, submit query, pray for partials & fulls, receive offer from splendiferous agent. And then, there are the ones that have nothing to do with writing & everything to do with writing. Because, let's face it, the last defines the first & therefore supersedes. So here goes...
10. play more, worry less
9. let go, let God
8. trust that all is as it should be
7. plant more seeds - literal & figurative
6. read more for fun than study
5. don't take myself too seriously
4. focus on that which makes me happy
3. breathe through rather than around the issues
2. focus on love, compassion & understanding
1. remember why I made the choices that have brought me to this place & rejoice in them
And that's it. Simple enough, right? Not so much. But these are the things that I believe & try to remember every day. When I get cut off at a light, when someone blocks the aisle at the grocery store, when I feel that I have failed; all of these come back to the list. Wisdom is knowing your truth; Courage is acting on it; Serenity is living with it.
What resolutions are you making for this next year?