Welcome to The Bump House





Thursday, September 9, 2010

T-Shirt Thursday

Today, I want to talk about t-shirts. I love t-shirts. I even have an entire section of my closet dedicated to this piece of clothing. Plain, decorated, sloganed. I even buy them for the other members of my band.

The girl has Princess ones, Shop-a-holic ones, and of course AE, Old Navy, etc. The boy has Etnies, Zoo York, and stuff; but he also has the one about blaming others & a confused Charlie Brown wrapped in Christmas lights. Mi esposo gets the best ones. Before he retired this year, he would get them twice a year - b-day and Christmas. He has "I used up all my sick days so I called in DEAD" and ADD joke shirts. My favorite is one he got in Vegas that just says, "Decompress." I wear this one, usually once a month, & hope it works.

I on the other hand have things like, "I can't be good all the time" and "Crazy on the inside." Because well, I look sort of normal - most of the time. Six am, not so much.

I pulled together some that I thought I would share.
Ah, the irony.
I had to look this one up, but it still made me chuckle.

This just made me laugh out loud. Who knew the Brady's were this funny!
I will never look at Beeker the same way again.

I spent some time thinking about what kind of slogan I would want on a t-shirt. Silly, serious, introspective. I have this. A few years a go, my son was joking around & he said, "Use the ketchup, Luke. Use the ketchup." Now, I hate ketchup with a passion. Don't know what it is. I love tomatoes & spaghetti sauce; I just can't do ketchup. So, for me, the shirt would read: "Use the mustard!"

As it's Thursday & we're supposed to be thinkin', what sloganed t-shirt would you have & why?

Happy Writing,

Patti

7 comments:

  1. Hi Patti -- I need one that says "Writers write." Maybe that would remind me what I'm supposed to be doing instead of blog-hopping, writing posts, and visiting Facebook and Twitter. And checking my e-mail 19,000 times a day.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plain black. My thoughts are censored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls are too funny. Thanks for posting.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what slogan I would have. I would have to go with: "I listen to the voices and they told me you're an idiot!" (not you personally...) or "I listen to the voices and they told me you're the crazy one!"

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clarissa,
    Both are pretty funny & no worries some days being an idiot is my specialty.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete